Wednesday 1 June 2016

Unboxing: Meebox 010 (Ririmee)

Hi hi!
I feel like I've been neglecting this blog a bit recently but I've been busy with work and looking for a new home so I think I can be forgiven....right?  To make it up to you today I have my thoughts and pictures to share with you on May's Meebox goodies.

This months box was jam packed with nail stuff!  The box contained four polishes and two nail art items.  Now it wouldn't be a Rihanna inspired box without some silver spikes and cuticle tattoos would it?! I've never tried cuticle tattoos before so I'm going to be using these in the future for taking my swatches.  The little silver spikes have come from Sparkly Nails which sell lots of cool nail art goodies if you want to treat yourself.  The mini OPI is a nail envy strengthening treatment; not something I need to use myself but still a nice addition to the box.

Now let's get onto the polish.  My first ever Zoya, this is Leah and is from the Satin finish range.  With the trends nowadays a nude is a must have for your collection and I was happy to receive this.  
 
Just how pretty is this?  It was almost a one coater and I think if you have smaller nails you could get away with one coat.  I did two for complete opacity and didn't use any top coat.  Not sure what kind of top coat you would use on this anyway as a glossy one would take away from the satin finish.  I think it's one where you are not suppose to need a top coat but I have to always top coat as I just love that glossy finish so much!




This is two coats of polish and no top coat so that you can see the satin finish effect.

Polish two is a striking red.  Just how good is this theme?  It ticks all the boxes for things Rihanna would wear.  Now I don't normally wear reds as I feel it doesn't suit me but this one was really nice.  It seemed to be just the right shade to compliment my skintone.
Made by Wah London Nails this is called Love My Team.  A first time for me trying out this brand and let me tell you I'm impressed.  This is just one coat of colour and no top coat, perfect coverage.  Looking forward to trying more of this brand in the future.

 Sparkly holo goodness!!  I am a sucker for a holo polish and what makes this one so much better is that it comes from a fellow indie polish maker called Hayley.  I had my eye on this polish on her Etsy store and was close to buying it when it turned up in my Meebox.  I love to see companies supporting the indie makers.  It makes me love your box even more.
Higitis Figitis comes from Danglefoot Nail Polish and you can find Hayley's store on Etsy.  This is just one coat too!  I posted a live video of this polish in action on my Instagram so feel free to check it out.

There we go, May's Meebox which was Rihanna inspired.  What do I think?  Amazing.  Each month I am continually impressed with the theme and content that the girls put into each of the boxes.  Meebox costs £20 per month and has always contained items worth this price and more.  I look forward to the end of the month knowing that my new box will be arriving!  

You can check out my unboxing video here:

and my live swatches of these polishes will be up tomorrow (2/6/16).

thanks so much for reading!

Lyn
 
 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment