Wednesday 8 June 2016

Unboxing: May's Nailbox (Tutti Fruitti)

Hello hello!

Hope you are all enjoying the nice weather that we've been having recently.  I have been so busy with work recently that I am very late to getting this blog done for May's Nailbox goodies so let's just get into it.

This months theme was tutti frutti and the box contained three polishes and two nail items.  The first item was a wavy nail file by stylfile that has a furry leopard print side and then the file on the other.  Due to having square nails, this file isn't really of any use to me but I can see the benefit of this for someone who has rounded nails.  I'm going to gift this to my mum so it gets used.  The second nail item was an elegant Touch treatment, this time being a nail growth treatment.  I'm making quite the collection of Elegant Touch goods thanks to Nailbox!

Let us move onto the polishes for May's box.  First up is this vibrant deep pink by Essie and is called Haute In The Heat.  This is a really pretty colour and I just adore the shape of the Essie brushes.  They are rounded and allow for perfect application around the cuticle.

This was so pigmented it only took one coat to get the colour shown here.  Pink is a close second to purple when it comes to my top choices of polish colour and this one is just amazing.  Essie never fails to impress me.

Polish two is my first ever Orly polish and is called Orange Punch.  An apt name for a vibrant, slightly neon-esque shade.  This once again had so much pigment it only took one coat for full coverage! 

This macro shot isn't a true representation of the colour but it does show you just how opaque it is with one coat.  I didn't use any top coat either for these swatches as I like to let you see the true effect of the polish.

Polish three is a favourite of mine as it is a pastel shade.  This is Mint condition by Cuccio and I love it.  I'm starting to build up a little collection of Cuccio now (I actually just put an amazing glitter polish by them on my toes the other day!) and I'm always happy with the polishes they produce.

As is common with pastel shades, this one was streaky on the first coat but smoothed out perfectly on the second to give this finish you see here.  Personally I have no issue with polishes that take two coats of colour as to me that is standard, I'm not so keen when a polish takes three.

So there we have May's (late) Nailbox blog!  I have also uploaded a couple of videos to my Youtube you can feel free to check out too.  I have the unboxing video here:


and if you would like to watch me live swatching these three polishes then you can check that out here:



Thank you all for reading and see you in the next blog!

Lyn


 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment