Saturday 25 June 2016

Unboxing: Nailbox June (Festival Fever)

Hello hello!

Month end is almost here again (eeek!) but that does mean it's time to receive my subscription boxes.  Today I'm going to share with you June's Nailbox goodies which had the theme Festival Fever.

The overview of this months haul.  Four polishes and one nail art item.  The nail art item this month comes from elegant touch and is actually striping tape but this is pre-cut and on a sheet.  I've never seen it like this before, only ever on rolls.  Plus side is, no hunting for that pesky end of the roll!  They are really nice metallic colours also.

First polish is a glitter topper by Essie called Jazzy Jubilant.  I wanted to test out how dense the coverage was, hence the two nails with no base colour.  I did two layers of glitter and as you can see the glitter is quite sparse.  I think this is one that might be better sponged on.

It looks much better over a base colour but it was still tricky to apply with even coverage.  You can see over the blue base the blank patch of no glitter.  I expected this with the type of polish it is but these aren't my favourite types.

Now polish two was super pretty. It took me ages to eventually find the name hidden with the other writing on the back!  This is Bourjois Paris Turquoise Block.  The bottle has an unusually long neck and is quite strange to work with.  The bristles of the brush are dense but this actually works in favour with the curved shape to neatly go around the cuticle area.

I really like this shade!  You have to be careful of polish strokes with this one but it did smooth out a lot with top coat.  I want to use this soon in some nail art.


Polish three is Rimmel London and the shade is Cheeky Chap.   This is a matte finish and I did find this one a little tricky to apply. It did dry quickly after each coat (I did two) and went very rapidly to that chalky-matte finish.





 My brush strokes are noticeable with this one even with the application of a matte top coat.  I have to say that matte isn't really my thing and I would quite happily wear this with a gloss top coat instead.

Last polish comes from OPI and is called Is Mai Tai Crooked?  I actually just recently purchased this one so now I have two!  I've always been a fan of OPI and this one doesn't disappoint.


Normally I would have thought this shade too pale for my skin tone but it has just enough orange in it that I find it is warm enough.

There we have the contents of June's Nailbox.  If you would like to check them out for yourself, you can visit their WEBSITE 

Keep an eye on my YouTube Channel for my unboxing and live swatch videos.  Thanks for reading and until next time,
Lyn

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment