Wednesday 29 June 2016

Unboxing Meebox 011 : Splash!

Hello!
You all know by now that the end of month means back to back blogs talking about the nail boxes I'm subscribed to and today we have Meebox June.  This months theme was Splash and let me just say that the girls at Meebox HQ did not fail to impress!

June's box contained three polishes, nail vinyls, two packets of decals and mess no more.  The vinyls came from a website I had not heard of before Nail-Mail and I've taken a look and like what I see on their webpage. (Adds to the growing list of sites I want to buy from)
Also for nail art items there was 10 silver starfish and 10 gold seashells which came from SheSellsSeashells.  I've bought quite a lot of stencils from here in the past and I would recommend them.  Last item was the mess no more liquid latex.  I've done a first impressions/first use video for this product so watch out for that coming soon!

Now let's get into the polish.  All three come from A England and I just want to take a second to say how thought out these polishes, and the entire box for that matter, was.  The colours compliment each other, the nail art items stick with the theme and the liquid latex was like the icing on the cake as you just know people are going to do some sponging nail art using those vinyls!

Now everyone should know by now that I am a sucker for a purple and this is right up my street.  We have A England The Blessed Damozel and this took just one coat.  It was quite hard to capture the true justice of this polish.

The pigmentation in this polish was amazing.  You got the true deep purple colour in just one coat and the macro shows off the violet flecks that are scattered through the polish.

Polish two is Gloriana.  This one took two coats to be fully opaque and it a reddish-bronze.  Again the formula was good on this one and I had considered leaving it at just one coat but did the second to deepen the colour as I had a slight nail line visible.

At first I thought this contained gold glitter but as you can see from the macro it's actually scattered with gold flakies.  I think I'm really starting to like A England polishes as once again I loved the formula.

I've saved the best until last (in my opinion).  This is Whispering Waves and O.M.G I am in love with it.  Looking at it in the bottle doesn't give you the full effect of this polish which once again was so pigmented I did just one coat.

Just look at this macro of it!  It almost wants to try and be a holo and it's a very stunning colour.  Hands down my favourite of the box (if you couldn't tell)

So there we have June's Meebox contents which had the theme splash.  What did you all think?  I think the girls at Meebox HQ are going from strength to strength.  Each month they up the game and keep on surprising me with the thought and effort they put into each of our boxes.  Yes it costs £20 a month and some might say that is a steep price for a monthly box but I would disagree.  Not only are you paying for the contents, you are paying for the time and effort these three ladies take to make up these themes each month and pack each of the boxes.  I certainly can't wait until next months box.

Thanks for reading!
Lyn
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment