Friday 13 May 2016

Trying Something New...

Hello readers :)

I feel like I have been so busy lately and just not had time to write this blog that I wanted to do at least a week ago now.  I'm always looking for new ways to work with my nail passion and share it with all my followers on social media.  When I was sending out my sample polishes to be swatched, I sent some to Elaine who along with taking pictures also did live swatches.  What is that you ask?  Basically you record yourself painting your nails with the polish, showing how it applies and recording a voice over to chat about your opinions on it.  Then of course you take lots of pretty pictures to add in too and share on other social media.

Why do this?  I have been wanting to expand the content of my youtube for a while now and this is one way to do it.  Currently I have my weekly Friday 10am nail art upload and my sporadic review videos that come in as and when I have products to review.  I'd really like to be able to upload  two videos a week.  Now being honest, that won't be found with my live swatch series.  These will only go up when I've purchased new polishes or have some new collections from my indie range to share.  I'd really like to stop being lazy and do a gel or acrylic tutorial each week also, perhaps uploading those on a Tuesday.

Less talking about it and more doing it then!   Well this also comes with more stress on my part in coming up with designs.  There are some weeks I struggle to come up with a new nail art design and I get so frustrated with myself.  I have mountains of nail art goodies and quite often my mind just goes blank staring at them.  So that is a downside to adding a new weekly video to my schedule.  

What about the upsides though?  I think I would expand my viewer base on youtube and help grow my channel through broadening my content.  Some people might not like doing designs in regular polish as a lot of people struggle with the durability of it (though I would say most of my designs can easily be replicated in gel).  There are also some designs that can only really be done with gel or acrylic such as 3D work.

I've so far filmed and uploaded one live swatch video which was the polish that came in April's Nailbox and I am going to film a small OPI haul I bought recently today so that will be coming soon.  

What are your thoughts on seeing gel/acrylic/live swatch vids?  I'd love to know what you think or if you have a suggestion for something else I could do to share with you all I would love to hear it.  If you made it this far through my wall-o-text thank you!  Here is the link to my first Live Swatch video also so you can take a look at what I would like to do more often.

Until next time,
Lyn

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment