Monday 2 May 2016

Unboxing: Nailbox April

Hi everyone,
its the start of a new month so that means I have received my subscription boxes and it's time to share the goodies with you all.  The theme for Aprils Nailbox is Birthday as they turned one year old.  
The box contained three polishes, nail stickers and a Nail Quencher.  Both the treatment and stickers are from Elegant Touch who often appear in Nailbox.  You will notice there is a number 5 on the box.  Elegant Touch do a variety of treatments that can be combined with others to create a treatment plan catered to your nail needs.  This particular one is made for dry and brittle nails.

First polish of the box comes from Ciate and is called London Baby.  This appears to be a clear base filled with black and silver glitter.  For the swatch I did three thin coats to build up the intensity.  What I would recommend is to start with a black base then do a coat of this to get a quicker, fuller effect.  I felt it was a little sheer and washed out without a black base underneath.

 I think you can see better in the macro shot what I mean about it being a bit sheer.  Lovely polish and good glitter coverage with the brush.  I think this is actually my first ever Ciate polish.  I personally would like it better with a black base underneath so I will do that next time I use it.

Moving on to something brighter we have another Invogue polish in the colour Sugar Daddy.  This one is a vibrant deep pink shade.  Shown here in direct light this is two coats of colour and no top coat.

Great natural shine to this polish.  Coverage was actually really good in just one coat but I did a second just to smooth out any slight streakyness.   Very nice shade.

Polish three is by Bourjois Paris and is called Bleu Asphalte.  This shade is really unusual; it's a purple-black I would say.  Definitely not one I have in my collection already.







 This one had really good pigment in it and if you were really careful one coat would be enough.  I did use two for my swatches and no top coat.  I feel my pictures make this shade come across more in the black end of the spectrum but I assure you it is more purple based.  Some polishes are just really hard to capture!

I decided while swatching these polishes to take the chance and try out something new for my Youtube channel.  I recorded me doing these swatches live and I will have it uploaded very soon.  If you want to see any of my videos I am on Youtube as Nala Nails

So there we have it, April's Nailbox items.  If you are interested in checking Nailbox out for yourself there website can be found here.

Thanks for reading,
Lyn

0 comments:

Post a Comment