Sunday 31 January 2016

Unboxing: January Nailboxuk

Hello readers!
Surprised at another post so soon?  I had to get these squeezed in this weekend as I'm off on my holidays Monday (woo!!!)
Let's get talking about what was in January's Nailboxuk which had the theme Valentines.  You can find all information here on how to subscribe and get your own box.
As I'm sure you will have guessed the shades were in pink and red but they also included a tiny packet of Love Hearts and some orange woodsticks.  For this months nail related item you were sent the Elegant Touch 24k Gold Ridge Filler Base Coat.
How pretty does this look?  You can see the flecks of gold in it.  Now I do have very slight ridging in my nails, though I don't use any of the special ridge filler base coats.  However the sparkly gold nature of this one meant I couldn't wait to try it.
Look at the gold shining through!  It dried nice and quick and when I applied the other colours on top, they all applied smoothly.  I would also use this as a perfect base for a french manicure as the gold flecks would add extra class to your manicure.  After all, what girl doesn't love some 24k gold?

Our first polish is by Seche.  You guys should know by now how much I adore their top coat and refuse to use any other, so I had high hopes for this polish to live up to my expectations.
This colour is called Rendezvous and it's a beautiful deep pink that is a one coater!  As expected the formula of this is just perfect.  I've shown it without top coat and I think its beautiful.  Being my first impression for the Seche colour range, I have to say that I'm impressed and look forward to trying out more in their range!

Second polish is by Sinful Pro Shine and is called Babydoll.  As it sounds, its a pretty pastel pink.  I've done two coats and no top coat for the pictures.  It's a little sheer on the first coat and you have to be careful of brush strokes showing through but I do really like the shade.  Pink is a close second in what colours I like to use the most so I'm always happy to have more shades in the collection.

 This macro shot actually ties in with the third "polish" in this months box.  I feel I can't truely use the word as the nature of the product means you don't apply it like one though it comes in a polish base.  Confused?   
This macro shot might make more sense of my words for you.  As you can see this is jam packed with small red hearts in a clear suspension base.  This polish by NailsInc is called Alex Hearts.  It's got a tiny polish brush to help you fish out the hearts to use.  I found the brush pretty useless for doing so and ended up pouring out some polish onto tinfoil and then picking out the hearts I wanted that way.  With Valentines Day coming up (and for some reason me completely forgetting this fact) that means its time for me to create a design for this theme soon.  I see me using these hearts as part of it so stay tuned for that!

Well that's everything for January Nailboxuk.  What do you think?  My favourite this month has to be that Seche polish for its beautiful coverage formula and application.  Close second is the base coat with the bling gold sparkle.  I'm looking forward to seeing what next month holds!

Thanks for reading.

Lyn





 

0 comments:

Post a Comment