Monday 18 January 2016

Forward Thinking

Hello :)
Today's blog is going to be a little different.  It's still in relation to nails though so don't worry!
We are now half way into January and a lot of people like to make themselves New Year Resolutions.  I'm not exactly going to talk about that in this post, but I am going to talk about some goals that I would like to achieve for myself this year nail related.

My Youtube Channel
Some of you might not know (why not?!) that I have a YouTube Channel that I run under the name Nala Nails.  My first video went live in May 2013, wow that seems so long ago now.  I've come a long way since then, learning how to edit, add music and along the way get myself a much better video camera for quality!  I am really proud at how my channel has developed and grown over this time and that I have over 1200 people subscribed to me.  Now I know this is a minuscule amount compared to many other nail channels, but we all have to start somewhere.
I would like to see my channel reach 2000 subs this year.  I also want to put out more gel and acrylic tutorials and do more toenail art videos.  I love being able to share my passion with others and this is one of the methods I doing it via.

NailPopPolish
My indie polish line.  This is a brand new adventure for me that only started in November 2015.  I opened up my Etsy Shop to the public on November 27th.  There was interest in people looking at what I had but there wasn't any buyers.  I started to think of reasons for this, was my prices too high?  Is my stock not what the customer is after?  Have I not advertised enough?  As it turns out one of what I assume to be the main reason, I had managed to mess up my postage calculations and it was charging way too much!  Thankfully that is now all fixed up and I've done some sales through Etsy but also privately.
I want to make this venture more of a success.  I know that no business is ever easy to take off so I'm looking into options to promote it.  I have been using money off codes, I have sent out samples, I've sent out prizes for giveaways and I share lots of videos and pictures of my creations.
I would like to run a giveaway soon.  I don't know if I want to create a custom polish and use that as the prize, or if I should let the winner work with me to create the polish of their choice.  This is just me thinking out loud for now.  I would like to see my indie polish flourish this year.

Instagram
Recently my Instagram Page has seen a bit of a flourish in followers.  I have put this down to my #pourn videos.  If you don't know what these are, it is bottle shots of polish being poured into their bottles.  People are going crazy over these and I have to admit there is something quite satisfying about watching them.  Whenever I am making up polish I always record a video of the pouring so that I can share it.  These videos can gain much "love" from the insta community, allow new followers to find your page, promote my nail polish line and hopefully in turn allow them to find all my other social media outlets.  
Where would I like my Instagram to get to this year?  Well I'm sitting at 417 followers currently and I would love to make it to 600.  I don't feel like this is too unrealistic a goal and after all this post is all about my goals for this year.

Twitter
This social media is a mixed bag for me as sometimes I get really frustrated with the character limit for writing.  My Twitter has 318 followers and for me, gets the least engagement from all the social media I post on.  The question is why though?  It would be nice to see me reach 400 on here this year.  Perhaps I'm using the wrong hashtags to allow people to find me?  Perhaps there just isn't a lot of nail lovers on Twitter!  I'm not sure to be honest.  

Facebook
For me personally, I find my page "likes" are mostly made up of people I know, family or friends.  I guess that's to be expected as Facebook primarily is about connecting with friends isn't it? My Page was made up as a "like page" firstly for advertising and promoting my business.  Some of you might not know that I am a qualified nail tech and I do clients.
I always share any client pictures when I take them, but it's also moved on to being my advertising for my indie brand, my Youtube videos and blogs.
Again my Facebook page isn't a place of huge social interaction and so I average around 100 on my engagement stats.  If people want nails done I will end up with private messages.  I'd like to see my page reach 700 "likes" and that isn't a huge goal away from what I'm currently sitting on but I know that once again, it is not a strong source of engagement for me personally.

I realise this post is all text and no pictures but due to the nature of content I can't say there was any relevant pictures to place here.  This is just me sharing some personal nail related goals for this year so that I can come back to this post in 2017 and see how I did.  If you managed to get this far, thank you for reading!

Until next time,
Lyn









 

0 comments:

Post a Comment