Saturday 30 January 2016

Unboxing: January Meebox 006

Hello readers!
Welcome to another unboxing/review/picture overload of the goodies received in this months Meebox.  Now if you don't know who Meebox are, it is a monthly nail related subscription box for the UK and costs £20.  Each month there is a different theme and this time it was Blackberry Margarita.

This month you received 3 full size polishes, 1 striper polish and nail stencils along with swatch sticks for each polish.  Also inside was a little money off code for A England's website if you fancy some more goodies!
Look how cute these stencils are from She Sells Seashells!  I've bought loads from this company before and they are always high quality.  I like that you have the option of using the outer part as a stencil or using the inner section as a sticker, 2 for 1 deal!  They fit perfectly with the theme of the month, great addition!

The striper is in the colour Neon Lime and is made by Nubar.  The brush has a really fine tip for detailed work, a must in my opinion as I hate that some of the cheaper brands give them thicker brushes almost comparable to the standard polish bottle size.  I see this being great to use for leaves or any other design of your choosing.  It's easy to use and very good quality.

Polish number one is not only a stunning shade, it's also an indie polish!  I love to see a company teaming up with small indie polish makers and sharing their creations.  I've purchased from 'Ard As Nails already and the polishes are fantastic.

This is Little Legs, a deep red linear holographic and only one coat at that!  the coverage is amazing, the application is fantastic.  I really can't rave about this enough!  I'll also add that none of my swatches have top coat and you still get an amazing shine finish.
I am a sucker for anything holographic, though normally I keep away from wearing reds.  This shade however is in my opinion the "right" shade and I am in love with it.  You can find 'Ard As Nails on her website where she also sells other hand made goods.


Next up is A England in shade Elaine.  Now this one was so hard to photograph in true light!  On my nails it is leaning towards a brown shade but I promise you it is a very deep purple.  You have no idea how many pictures I took in different lighting to try and get a true representation!
Ive done two coats here but you could definitely get away with just one thicker coat.  This is my first A England polish I've used and I really liked it.  Application for good, the polish formula was very nice.  I just wish I could of got better pictures of it on the nail.


Final polish of the box is by Model's Own and is called Pink Paradise.  This is packed with glitter and mylar in a pink jelly base.
For these two pictures I've done two coats of colour.  You can see in this macro shot you have to be a little careful sometimes with where the mylar lies as it can stick up off the nail slightly.  However I did not apply top coat for these pictures and I know you would get a smoother finish with one.
How about layering Pink Paradise over a pink base?  This would be the method I would choose to use this polish.  I've done two coats of my base pink, then just one of Pink Paradise and you can see how much glitter comes out with just one coat.  It's a very pretty shade and I think I might just be using it for a Valentines design.

So there we have January's Meebox contents.  What do you think?  Are you subscribed or going to now you've seen the kind of goodies you can get?  I have to say that my hands down favourite from this month has to be Little Legs.  That's right I picked the red!  Don't think that will ever happen again ;)

Thanks all for reading!

Lyn





 




0 comments:

Post a Comment