Sunday 10 January 2016

Creating Indie Polish

Hi everyone :)
Recently I have been working hard at creating new polish for my indie polish line.  I have my shop on etsy you can find me HERE.  It's not as easy as you might think this polish larky, it can actually be frustrating at times.  You get this idea in your head then try to make it a reality and end up with a disaster!  I've made my fair share of fails in my journey but I take it all as experience.  Sometimes the only way to learn is by making mistakes first then going back for round two with a different tactic.

My focus recently has been in trying to create "the perfect" holographic polishes.  Now the best product to do this with is called Spectraflare which unfortunately isn't allowed by EU regulations.  I researched into finding alternatives and I did find an American seller on Etsy who sold two different options.

This is Silver Lining.  I'm really proud of this one!  It's got some really amazing holographic properties to it.  I've filmed a video of it on my nails and put it on my Instagram so you can see how amazing it looks in the light. My next challenge after this was trying to keep that strong holo effect into different colours.  Not as easy as you would think!

Angel Wings was attempt number two.  This came out a faded lilac-grey and at first I deemed it a fail.  After swatching it, I actually fell in love with the effect it has.  It's hard to capture it's true beauty on camera.
Creating nail polish is fun but can also be frustrating when you can't replicate the image in your head.  It really is a lot of trial and error.  I have a few polishes that will never be released as they turned out a disaster!
 
 My third holo try was this pinky-red.  Again these holos are just so hard to photograph without some amazing sunlight (and theres certainly none of that around here!)  This one is more of a jelly finish.  How do people feel about jellies?  I think it's a type of polish that you either love or hate.

So that's the most recent happenings in Nail Pop Polish land.  I post more frequent swatches, pics and videos on my social media so you can find me there if you want to see all the sneak peeks first.

thanks for reading,
Lyn
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment