Sunday 29 November 2015

Unboxing Nailboxuk November

Hello readers!
It's almost the end of the month and that means it's time to talk about Nailboxuk November edition!  This is the last one you will receive before Christmas so it is of course holiday themed.  Let's take a look!


 This month there is 3 polishes, 1 nail file, 1 candy cane and a pack of glue on nails.  The file is a really nice quality 180 grit by Orly.  The glue on nails are not something I will use so I can't comment on how those perform.


First shade is Park Lane by True Brit London.  A very unusual shade but one that is well suited to a Christmas themed box.  Application was good, a bit see through on first coat but solid after a second.

I've used two coats of colour and no top coat.  This shade is certainly a unique one for my collection, I can't say that I've seen another like it.  This isn't a colour that I would normally buy and that's one reason why I like the surprise each month.  It encourages me to try out things I wouldn't normally.

What do you think?  I'm looking forward to trying out some nail art ideas using it and Nailbox have certainly provided 3 solid "Christmassy" colours for you to play with.  They also provided a leaflet in the box containing nail art ideas for you to copy.




 Polish two is by Rimmel London and is a classic red.  Called Double Decker Red, I have done two coats and no top coat.

This had really good coverage on the first coat.  If you were in a hurry you could get away with it.  The shape of the brush aided in the smooth application around the cuticles.  The finish was a nice creamy red shade.





 Our last polish is by OPI called Happy Anniversary.  This is a sheer like glitter.  For the pictures I have done 3 thin coats with no top coat.
You could certainly wear this polish layered over a base if you aren't so keen on seeing the nail tip.  The glitter in this polish is really intense.  I would like to give it a try over black to see how it looks.


 It's really hard to truly capture the effect of the glitter in this polish. I love using ones like this over a classic french or on top of a black base.

So that's it for Novembers Nailboxuk.  What did you think of this months choices?  I always look forward to receiving this each month and enjoy the surprise upon opening.  You can also check out my Youtube video unboxing on my channel found here:
 Nala Nails YouTube 

I also just opened my own shop on Etsy for selling my own brand of Indie nail polish, check it out here:
Nail Pop Polish 

Thanks for reading!

Lyn






0 comments:

Post a Comment