Saturday 14 November 2015

OPI/China Glaze Haul (Swatch Time!)

Hello readers!  
Today's blog is sharing with you my thoughts and pictures of some recent polishes I bought.  It's actually been quite some time since I bought polish.  Be warned now this is going to be picture heavy! 





Let's just jump right in to the first polish.  Here is OPI Comet In The Sky.  In the bottle this looks amazing which is what drew me to it, but I have to say I was a little disappointed once I used it.  On my pinky is two coats, ring finger I tried applying with a sponge (which caused the build up of glitter around the center of the nail), then over white and finally over black.

 
This is one coat over black and no top coat.  You do get a good coverage of glitter if you do the kind of patting method while applying which is what I did here.

 When applied over white you actually see rainbow coloured glitters appear which I think is a really cool effect.  When done on a dark background this effect is lost.  I can't quite decide how I feel about this one.  The glitter lover in me says its amazing but something just doesn't feel quite "right" about it.  Do you have this polish?  Would love to know your thoughts on it.

OPI When Monkeys Fly!  Okay so this polish was not good.  I actually think this is the first polish I can say that I even go so far as to hate it.  When I saw it I was drawn to the sparkle, it looks fantastic, but when I got home I suddenly remembered all the bad reviews it got.  The pinky has the polish "patted" on to get the glitter out, the ring finger I tried to apply with a sponge (once again causing the horrible collection of glitter in the centre), then over white and finally over black.

You can see here how little glitter I was actually able to get out.  Also that isn't top coat.  I had to repeatedly keep dipping back into the bottle to try and catch the glitter on the brush which made the nail very wet with thick polish.

I had the same problem here with too much "liquid" and not enough glitter when trying to get a nice coverage.  You can actually see the blob of excess at the tip.
I'm really disappointed with this polish.  In theory it is beautiful to have the variation of glitters in a clear base but it just didn't work out.

Let's get on to a better note!  Here is OPI Save Me.  Going from the pinky up we have the polish on its own, over silver, over white and over black.  It contains small silver glitters with blue bar glitters.





This is just one coat over white and no top coat.  As you can see coverage is great.  The bar glitters actually change colour with the light but I find that they predominantly come out blue.

You can actually even wear this as good coverage on its own.  This is just two coats of colour.  As you can see the tip is still visible but if you have shorter nails this won't be an issue for you.

I tried it over black and ended up hating this option!  It certainly brought out the small silver glitters but it made them overpower the bar glitter.  This is an interesting one to try over different backgrounds.

China Glaze - Break The Ice.  How amazing is this, especially over black.  It's tiny chopped up silver mylar pieces in a clear base.

You get good coverage in one coat but if you want it thicker you can pat the glitter on too.  I need to use this look in a nail design!
This is the coverage of glitter you get with one coat.

Even over white the effect is still brilliant.  What's your favourite look?

The second China Glaze polish is this gorgeous purple jelly glitter called Brand Spankin New Year.  Of course I was drawn to this by the colour but I'm really impressed with the thickness of coverage with two coats.  There was a little bit of unevenness after application but with top coat this would smooth out no problem.

 
 Look at how beautiful this polish is!  This is just two coats to achieve this thickness of glitter.  I have not applied a top coat.

Moving back to OPI we have My Voice Is A Little Norse, a beautiful soft holo effect glitter.  I tried applying it over black, silver and then just on its own.

Over black gives you this eye catching effect.  This would be a perfect manicure for a party that is quick and easy to do.
Macro shot of two coats of polish.  You can really appreciate the glitter packed into this bottle!

Last polish I promise!  OPI - Can't Afjord Not To.  Such a cute name!  This polish is a nice peachy/orange cream.  The only solid colour in this haul!  I've done two coats with no top coat.
Congrats on making it this far if you did ;)  I know it was a lot of pictures to get through.  You can also find my haul vid on youtube showing these off.  Thanks for reading and until next time,
Lyn

 
 
 


 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment