Sunday 27 September 2015

September Coloristiq Mani Box

Hey everyone,
with it being near the end of the month, that means it's time to open and chat about mani boxes!  For September's theme Coloristiq went with "nails and the city", a very classy feel to it.  The best thing about this month is the fact that the company choose to include an indie polish!  I think it's great when you see brand companies working with smaller producers.



 The one thing that Coloristiq does fantastically each month is the packaging they send your items in.  From a cute polka dot box, a zebra print bag, to this adorable ribbon tied box, care and attention to such a small detail like this adds something special.





First up we have OPI A Great Opera-tunity.  This is a mini polish and one of four possible to be send.  This comes from the OPI Venice Collection where there is an overall total of 15 different colours.  Although a mini bottle the brush is regular sized so application is not an issue.




Application on the first coat was a little streaky but perfectly evened out on the second.  This is a beautiful shade of a peach-beige (that's my oh so technically descriptive;) )  Normally I stay away from shades like this as I am so naturally pale in skintone, but I did like this colour and can see me using it for nail art in the future.

Macroshot of Nails Inc The Mall.  This is a navy shimmer polish with a definite infusion of purple in there too.

In a different position for this shot you can see a more purple tone to it.  This was very good overage in just one coat and could have been left as such.  I do like to use two coats to ensure 100% coverage though.

Essie Fifth Avenue.  Now red is a colour I tend to dislike on myself and I can't actually give any reason for it.  This shade however is beautiful.  Its described as being an orange-red on Essie website so this is probably why I like it much more than your true reds.





I honestly never though I could love a shade of red as much as I do this one.  It had good coverage in one coat but I've done two and top coat for the picture.  This colour is certainly being used soon in a design!

Danglefoot Polish Bluedapest.  This is a beautiful sea green creme with holo sparkles and gold flakes.  Amazing coverage in just one coat but I've done two for this picture.





Danglefoot Polish is an indie brand from Norfolk in the UK.  I LOVE that an indie polish has been included in a box with mainstream brands.  This is actually my first ever indie polish I've owned and I am left wanting more!  I did make a purchase from another indie brand just after I got this box, but that will be another post.  If you'd like to find out more about this brand, check out Hayley's Etsy store page here:

Danglefootnailpolish 

Apparently a different indie brand is coming in Octobers mani box and I can't wait!  As much as I love China Glaze, OPI, Essie, etc, I feel like supporting these smaller indie polish makers is very important.  It's a bit like supporting small private owned stores instead of always shopping at your main stream, chain stores.  Huge thumbs up to Coloristiq for taking the time to support indie polish makers!  I actually feel tempted into finding out how to make my own nail polish now....

Thanks for reading guys!

Lyn





 

0 comments:

Post a Comment