Tuesday 1 September 2015

Coloristiq August Safari Manicure Box

Hi all,
I'm back again with another unboxing!  If you've read my previous blogs you'll know that I found a company called Coloristiq who do a nail polish rental option or a monthly themed nail box.  Since I loved the summer box I got from them in the sale I decided to go ahead and order the August Safari themed box.






 I'd like to take a moment to share with you all the way these items come packaged to you as I think it is very impressive.  Inside the cardboard box your package is securely surrounded by shredded paper.  You find a leaflet with an introduction to your box and a listed on the back the items included for this month.

Last months collection came in a cute polka dot box and this month to go with the safari theme it came in a zebra print bag which inside had more shredded paper to ensure no breakages of your parcel!





 So here we have what was inside the box.  There is 4 polishes and a nail file.  The brand on the file says TNBL (The Nail & Beauty Link) which I had never heard of before.  I took a look at their website and was impressed at the prices of some of there items and they also stock brand names.  The most interesting find for me was the pack of 100 nail tips to go on the plastic training hand.  I have the one from Essential nails and it cost me £100 for the hand (TNBL have a version very similar for only £30) and they are only £4 for a pack of 100 replacement tips where I was paying £20 for the refill packs off of EN!  I know where I'm buying my next refill pack from!

The first polish we have is Essie Snake It Up.  This is a magnetic effect polish and as the name suggests, gives a snakeskin finish.  It was very difficult to get a picture of this but I did do a live swatch of this polish on my review video.  You can find the video here:






Here we have Wild Cactus by Color Club.  This is the first nail polish I've owned by this brand (though I do use there black and white stripers for nail art).  The application was nice and smooth, the colour was also quite opaque on just 1 application but I like to do two to ensure perfect coverage.  For the picture this is two coats and top coat.

 

How pretty is this shade?!  China Glaze Don't Desert Me.  This is a beautiful pinky-purple shade with a very subtle shimmer undertone to it.  This is two coats and top coat.

OPI In A Holidaze.  You have got to hand it to OPI for their creative name choices for their polishes.  This is a very deep red, the camera picture has lightened it slightly.  I'm not actually a fan of red polish on myself, I don't think it suits my skin tone, but I got a lot of love for this picture on Instagram and I know red is a classic choice for many women.  The application is flawless and as usual I applied two coats and top coat.

So that's it for this post.  I'm looking forward to seeing what is coming in next months.  The only information Coloristiq have released so far is to say that September is going to include an indie polish brand and I'm so excited to hear this!  
If you'd like to find out more about the company, please see the following link:
Coloristiq Website 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment