Saturday 12 September 2015

Review & Swatches: nailpolish.co.uk

Hi all,
Today I'd like to talk to you all about a fantastic UK website for quality branded nail polish. They very kindly let me pick out two polishes of my choice to swatch and share with you all and I decided to go with two Essie ones.  So let's start off with a run down of the basics!

Brands Available:
  • Essie
  • China Glaze
  • OPI
  • Rimmel
  • Barry M
  • Tanya Burr
  • Sally Hansen
  • ORLY
  • Everglaze
  • Invogue 
  • OPI Infinite Shine 
  • Gift Cards also available!
All these top name brands, but are they the real deal?!  Yes they are!  The company only sell 100% genuine product that is sourced directly from the brands.

Nailpolish Website 
Facebook 
Instagram 
Twitter 

What else can you tell me?
  • You get free express tracked delivery on every order over £15
  • They have a fast dispatch time; order before 2pm Monday to Friday for same day dispatch
  • They have over 1000 colours and 100 treatments to choose from
  • They are always adding exciting new products, brands and collections and a little birdie tells me some huge brands are coming in the next couple of months





Now on to the swatches!  As I said I decided to go with two Essie polishes.  Now those of you who follow me know how I love and often use China Glaze in my nail designs.  I wanted to pick a brand that I didn't have many/any of in order to give you a more first handed review into a brand I'm not familiar with.




Essie: Ruffles & Feathers.  How cute is this name?!  I actually let me boyfriend pick a colour for me since I'm far too indecisive when given a large choice :)  
This is a solid turquoise green and this is a standard bottle size of 13.5ml.  The current price for it is £5.95 (at the time of writing)

 A macro shot of the colour taken in my light box to give you as close a representation of the actual colour possible.





 Essie: Pinking About You.  This polish is a clear base with three different sized glitters in it, the largest being approximately 1mm.  This type of polish can be used in a few different ways.  Firstly you can use a make up sponge in order to absorb more of the clear base to help you build up a solid glitter look on the whole nails.  Second option would be to do one coat over a design to give that subtle glitter look.  Third option would be to start with a pink base to then apply this glitter over the top to help give a more opaque looking finish.


A macroshot giving you a close up look at those different sized glitters.  Pinking About You was actually one of three polishes released by Essie in 2014 for Breast cancer awareness.  Every year I do a design specifically for this cause as its something that has affected my family personally and I think this year I will aim to include this colour in my design.  This is currently retailed at £5.95 on the website.


Here is two coats of colour and seche vite top coat.  The brush is a nice shape allowing you to get a nice cuticle line.  Solid coverage with the second coat.

Macroshot showing you the colour and finish.

 
 For Pinking About You I decided to do five different nails which I will tell you about in each macro shot.  I wanted to show you the different options you have when using a glitter polish like this.

Firstly we have just one coat of the polish.  This is just to give you an idea of what kind of coverage you can get from one layer.  This type of polish is more suited to being layered onto a base colour.





So what if you wanted to wear this polish on its own?  I recommend you sponge on a few layers of polish to give the effect above.  By applying it to a sponge first, that soaks up the clear base and allows for maximum glitter application.

Next I tried a white base with one coat of Pinking About You.  Due to the pale pink shade of the glitters you end up with a very subtle effect.  

Now onto a black base.  This of course showed up the glitters much more prominently and looks very much like confetti this way.





Lastly I used Essie Status Symbol as a base for one coat of Pinking About You.  This one ended up being my favourite overall.  I think I'm going to use this combo for a breast cancer design later in the year.

Which one was your favourite?

I'd just like to thank nailpolish.co.uk for sending me these two polishes.  I hope you all enjoyed my review and swatch pictures and be sure to check out the website.

Until next time,
Lyn

 
 

 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment