Tuesday 2 August 2016

Unboxing: Meebox July

Hello readers,
it's time to share with you all the July edition of Meebox and this months theme was Rio.  Unless you are hiding under a rock you will know it's almost time for the Rio Olympics so the theme was aptly picked.

As usual the box contained three nail polishes and two nail related items.  The first being a large sheet of stickers that has on it a mixture of parrots and flowers.  They come from the brand Deco It.  This was a new brand to me so I took a look at their website and they have a large variety of stickers on offer for £4 or under along with other things.  Meebox is certainly good at introducing me to new nail websites to shop from!  I love that they go through a wide range of brands when picking box contents.
The other item included was a polish bottle holder by Tweexy.  I have seen this on social media before and it was an interesting addition to the box.  This came in the blue glitter colour but there was other options on the makers website too.

 Let's move onto the polishes.  This is a really big bottle at 17ml and made by Trust Fund Beauty.  Once more this brand is new to me and a first for my collection.  This shade is called Denim With Diamonds.


 I love the name of the polish, it just suits the shade so perfectly.  The deep blue is loaded with delicate flakes of a lighter blue glitter. 

Moving to polish two we have a Morgan Taylor which is brilliantly named Later Alligator.  It's a leaf green and I did two coats and top coat for the swatches.




I'm not sure this colour suits me but I can definitely use it for future nail art.  Considering I don't ever wear just plain coloured nails, I think it's going to work out fine.






I've saved the best, in my opinion, for last.  The photos on my pc screen do not do this colour justice.  This is a bright neon yellow and I love it.  It's by Models Own and it called Louis Lemon.





As you would expect with a neon polish, it is best painted over a white base and that is what I did here.  Two coats of white and one of Louis Lemon with top coat.  This came in at a good time considering my go-to neon yellow is almost out.

So there we have July's Meebox.  Which was your favourite this month?  The theme for August has been released as BoHo and I'm really excited to see what's inside already.  If you are interested in subscribing you can find all the needed info here.

Thanks for reading!
Lyn



 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment