Saturday 30 July 2016

Unboxing: Nailbox July

Hi everyone,
the end of the month is fast approaching and the subscription boxes have arrived.  The theme for July's Nailbox was Paradise and along with three polishes there was a set of toe separators and some lush smelling coconut nail balm.

Out of the three polishes this month there was one brand I did not recognize and that was Angelica.  I thought I was starting to narrow down my list of "not tried polishes" but I keep finding more!
 
 
I was interested to try out this white shade as I have always been loyal to China Glaze White on White as my go to.  This shade is aptly called Snow White and for the swatches I did two coats and top coat.  This is by the brand Angelica.  I had a quick look around their website and they started back in 2010 and offer a range of colours at an affordable price.

I found this to be a little more watery than my favourite CG and even after two coats I still felt that there was some patchiness in places.  I think I'll keep this one for trying out nail art with and see how it works for that.

Polish two is a True Brit London colour and it even came in a cute box packaging.  I instantly liked the look of this shade as I could see the hints of bronze shimmer in it.  It's called The Summer House and I did two coats and top coat.





I have to saw I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more shimmer showing up through the colour.  It's still a really nice shade that I like even though I don't think nudes/beige suits my pale skin tone.  I always find the True Brit bottles really clumpy and heavy but at least you can take off the large square lid and work with the smaller cylinder shaped one instead.

Third and final polish comes from Nails Inc and is one of their gel effect range.  Called Soho Place this is a one coat green.  It did dry to a glossy finish but I always add a top coat so that is what is shown in the swatches.

It's so shiny you can see my camera reflection!  I always love when you find a one coat polish as they are handy for when you are in a rush.  This brand is starting to creep more and more into my collection.  I think it's great to find other brands to try out and fall in love with instead of sticking to set ones.

Since this month also included some toe separators I really have the urge to do a french pedicure now.  I think that might have been Nailbox's plan considering they provided you with a white polish to!  
I am in love with the coconut nail balm that was included by the brand Nailberry.  I looked at the website and it shows this balm is sold for £12!  Considering I paid £15 for everything I've shared with you today (including postage), that is a pretty amazing deal.

What did you think of this months Nailbox?  Let me know what your thoughts are.  
Thanks for reading and until next time,

Lyn
 
 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment