Monday 29 August 2016

Unboxing Nailbox August

Hello hello!

If you read the title then you know what is here ;)  Once more we find our self at the end of the month and that means I've received my subscription boxes.  The theme for this months Nailbox was "Into The Sunset"  Sadly we are approaching the end of summer and I couldn't help but notice the earlier dark nights creeping in already.  Oh well, I've got my holidays to look forward to soon ^_^

The package this month had three nail polishes, a stamping polish and a stamp.  I was really excited to find out what the little box contained and that turned out to be the stamp.  Now it's not one of your "normal" stamps as in this one is like a stamper and scraper in one.  I will be doing a tutorial on trying this out so watch out for that coming on my channel.  The white stamping polish is also by the same brand Apharsec.
I did some googling since I had never heard of them before and they do some nice stamps.  The one in this box is valued at £7.99 and the polish is £4.99.





First up for the swatching was this beautiful purple grape shade by OPI.  Called Lost My Bikini In Molokini, it is actually a duplicate for my collection as I had recently purchased this.  Being the purple lover that I am, this isn't an issue for me as it's a really pretty shade.




For the swatch I have done two coats and top coat.  This is so nearly a one coater and I think if you applied it carefully enough (and had shorter nails than me) you could manage it.  I am very fond of OPI as a brand so I love getting their polishes.

Polish two is from Bourjois Paris and is called Orange Creation.  It's a really deep orange tone.  I ended up only needing one coat for this gorgeous colour and then added top coat.


 This is certainly a unique shade of orange, I don't have one anything like it.  It's always nice to try out new shades through subscription boxes.  It's so shiney in this macro shot you can see my camera reflection too!




 Last polish is Nicole By OPI in the shade Carrie'd Away.  This is from the range with Carrie Underwood and is a blingy gold glitter.  You can see it did leave a visible nail line after two coats.

Although this is a very dense glitter, you get an almost full coverage in two coats but you don't have that gritty finish like some polishes can have.  I really like this one and it's my favourite for this month.

That's us to the end of the August Nailbox already.  I'm enjoying seeing new brands appearing in this box each month and I can't wait to create some cool sunset-esque nails with these shades.  Watch out for my live swatch video on my youtube channel, along with my unboxing and stamp review which will all be up soon.

thanks for reading,

Lyn



0 comments:

Post a Comment