Thursday 29 September 2016

Unboxing: Meebox September

Hello :)

It's unboxing time!  I get excited for the end of the month when I get these through the post as it is always exciting to find out what has been included.  This months theme was Pumpkin Spice and the box contained three polishes, a stamper, scraper and a stamping plate.




The stamper/scraper set are from Bundle Monster.  I've heard a lot of good things about this company but this is in fact my first items from them.  The stamper is a clear jelly one but it is very short so I think that is suppose to make it easier for using.  I intend to do a video with my first impressions on it soon (-add's to my already huge list of to do's-)  The image plate looks really nice too and it's packed with Autumn sayings, leaves and such like.

It's time now to look at the three polishes.  I LOVE this first one.  It is by Leighton Denny and is part of a limited edition I Am Goddess Collection.  Called Venus Desire it is a deep chocolate brown packed with gold/bronze looking flakies.

This only took one coat for full coverage!  I remember the last Leighton Denny polish I had was also a one coater.  There is such great pigment in these polishes and I loved this colour so much I just had to use it in some nail art.  It's the perfect Autumn shade.


 Polish two is by Lauren B Beauty and is called Nude No 1.  I expected this to be a little thin in application as it's hard to make such a pale tone have enough coverage.  It was very streaky on first coat, still streaky on a second and I have to say I wasn't even pleased with my application after a third coat.

My pictures don't seem to show the imperfections too much but they were definitely noticeable to the eye in person.  Unfortunately I'm not a fan of this shade.  I think it would work well if I was to use it in a marbling effect but not as a colour on its own.

Last polish is from Crabtree & Evelyn.  This is the second polish of this brand I have tried out and this shade is called Clementine.  It was hard to pick up in the picture that there was some shimmer throughout the polish.


 This was fully opaque in two coats and I really like this shade.  When you have a theme called Pumpkin Spice, you just had to have an orange shade included.

Overall what are my thoughts on this months Pumpkin Spice Meebox?  
I loved the theme and I think the items included did well to stick to that.  I'm looking forward to trying out the Bundle Monster items, especially the little stamper.  Polish wise as I already said I was disappointed with the Lauren B coverage and I am so in love with the Leighton Denny.
Next months theme has been released as Sugar Skulls and I am far too excited to see what is inside that one!
Keep an eye on my Youtube for tutorials, unboxings and reviews and thank you all for reading!

Lyn
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment