Saturday 26 March 2016

Meebox: March edition

Hello readers!

With the end of the month fast approaching that means it's time for subscription boxes to arrive again.  This months theme was kawaii and the box contained pastel shades, cute decals and cat shaped nail clippers.





The decals are provided by a company I had never heard of before called Yrnails 
and they do some really cool water decals (I found a husky one!).  At an affordable price of £1.50 per sheet I think that is really great value for money and they offer designs I've never seen before.

Polish number one is a mint green pastel that is most likely showing up like white on the monitor.  This is My Private Cabana by Lauren B Beauty  This was a new brand to me and I love getting new brands to try out.  This polish is 5-free along with being cruelty free and vegan friendly.

Application was a little streaky on the first coat but I find this to be a normal trend with pastel shades.  Second coat evened everything out and that is what you see here.  No top coat added.  These polishes are made in the USA and on a quick glance at the sight most of the product is retailing at around $18-£20.

 
 Polish two is yet another brand that I haven't tried; Cuccio Under A Blue Moon.  This is actually just one coat of colour here, it is really opaque!  It was really easy to apply and dried quick too.

A tricky shade again to try and capture in it's true light.  It is a lovely shade and the three polishes in the box compliment each other nicely.  I'm looking forward to trying more of this brand in the future.

Last up we have Color Club Hot Hot Hot Pants.  It's an interesting name thats for sure and not one I would have come up with for a pastel pink!  Application on this one was a little more tricky.  First coat as expected was a bit streaky and the second still just wasn't 100% perfect to me so I added a third.

I like this shade as I do have a soft spot for pastels but a bit disappointed it took 3 coats for full opacity.  I'd have liked the formula to be a little bit thicker as it can be done as I managed just one coat with Under A Blue Moon.

So how do I feel about this months box?  Thumbs up for the kawaii theme. It means cute in Japanese incase you didn't know.  The three colours compliment each other perfectly and are just begging to be used in a spring-time mani.  Throw in some cute cat shaped nail clippers and kawaii decals of toast and toasters and you have a pretty amazing box.

If you want to check out this subscription box for yourself take a look HERE 

Thanks for reading,
Lyn
 
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment