Saturday 12 March 2016

Making New Collections


Hi everyone,

I realise that it has been a little while since I wrote something other than a review post on here so today I'm going to fix that!  I've been working hard behind the scenes on a new collection for my indie polish brand Nail Pop Polish and it shouldn't be too much longer now until it is released.  I decided to go with the theme of Mythological Creatures and came up with six new shades.  If you have been following me on other social media you might have already seen the sneak peaks I've been posting lately.  I regularly use Instagram, Twitter and Facebook so feel free to give me a follow on there.


Let's get into the collection details.  Like I said there is six in the range; Unicorn Dust, Dragon Scales, Minotaur, Pegasus, Mermaid Tears and Phoenix.

Polish number one is Pegasus.  This pretty is a pearlescent white with some scattered holo glitter.  I've done two coats of colour and no top coat.  As soon as I made this one I knew it would be my Pegasus, the mythical sheen on the white just screams out Pegasus' wings to me.  You also know I can't resist through that holographic glitter into the mix too.  I think I'm a bit of an addict!

Minotaur is an orange-brown with scattered holo glitter.  This is also only one coat as it's very pigmented.  Naming this one was easy as most depiction of Minotaur's show them as brown furred so this creation fitted the bill.  I'd like to try out some other brown shaded polishes in the future as I feel it's a shade that is quite often avoided.

 
 Polish three is named Phoenix due to its fiery orange-yellow shimmer.  This is again a good pigmented product so you can get away with one coat.  How do people feel about one coat polishes?  Is it something that's high up on your list when you choose a polish?  Let me know your thoughts.  Personally I like any polish that is opaque in 1 or 2 coats.

Say hello to Dragon Scales, a mint green with scattered holo sparkle.  At first I went down the route of making a darker green shade but it wasn't what I was looking for.  So why not go the opposite way and make a lighter shade?  I love this mint green and besides, dragons can be any colour you want them to!

 The fifth polish is Mermaid Tears.  This blue based polish is packed with micro blue flakie glitters.  I had tried this polish first of all using blue glitter instead of the flakies but this is the one that won in the end.


I saved what I think is the best for last.  Here is Unicorn Dust.  It is a holographic topper so you can put it over a base colour of your choice and make that holo sparkle goodness come alive!  I posted a video of it over blue, black and red on my social media HERE

So there you have it, six polishes that are my Mythological Creatures Collection and will be out by the end of the month.  I hope you are excited as I am for the release and like I said keep a look out on my social media for regular teasers and updates.

Thanks for reading
Lyn


 
 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment