Friday 20 September 2013

New video and some nails I've done!

Hello!
So I have been busy playing around with gel and acrylic nails recently.  I am doing my first assessment on Wednesday which is applying tips and using gel overlay and then a gel colour on top.  I#m feeling confident about it, I find gel pretty easy to work with especially since it doesn't set until you cure in the UV light!  Here is a picture of a set I did on a girl from work!
 I felt these ones turned out a little thick, partly because I had used builder gel and partly due to needing a few coats of the gel to get a better coverage.

 This set of gels was done at college, one hand was by me.  The black was a real pain to work with.  It was going patchy and shrinking back before you even got finished applying the coat to 4 fingers!  Safe to say I won't be picking black for my assessment colour!  :)

I had seen on Youtube people using embossing glitter and other things in glitter mixes to then be mixed up with clear acrylic to create some fantastic colours.  I went to the local art shop and picked out a couple colours to give it a try.




 I was really impressed at this nail!  Not only that I managed to get the embossing powder to work, but also that my ability to make an acrylic nail has clearly improved!  Learning the finer techniques at college, combined with having bought myself a decent brush has made me more confident in using this system.  I also hope to get some guinea pigs to left me try a full set on them!  



 This is my first attempt at a gel french.  I could of placed the white a bit lower down, but overall was a good first try.  I was kinda bored and added the leopard print in there too!

On my nails this week I copied a design from a youtuber MyDesigns4You
It was challenging doing this on my right hand thats for sure!

Well this post turned out a bit long than I expected!  To wrap it up I will leave you with a link to my latest video!


Thanks for reading!
Check me out on : www.facebook.com/lynsnailart or Tweet me @nailsbylyn!

0 comments:

Post a Comment