Sunday 28 February 2016

Unboxing: February Nailboxuk

Hello readers!
As the end of the month fast approaches (eeep!) it does mean that another nail box has arrived at my door.  This months theme is retro and the box contained 4 polishes and 1 set of nail wraps.








These nail wraps are made by Eye Candy which also is the brand of orange polish.  I'd not heard of this one before.  I have yet to have time to try out the wraps so can't comment on those yet but I'm thinking my thumb nail might be bigger than the biggest in the pack.  It's hard to say until I try them though and they do look super pretty.




So this funky orange is Juicylicious by Eye Candy.  It's coming across more in the yellow toned in the pictures, but I assure you its definitely orange.  Now this one had a bit of a tricky formula.  Looking at the bottle it appeared sheer so I made sure to give it a good shake before applying.

 The first nail I did after shaking had okay coverage, but as I moved on to the other nails I felt like it was getting streakier and streakier.  I tried giving it a shake every couple nails and that helped some.  It's still a very "watery" kind of polish I want to say.  I ended up doing three coats as it was not as opaque as I wanted in two and there was some streaks showing after two coats.  Overall it is a very pretty shade, I just think the formula lets it down.

Polish two is Nicole by OPI in shade Sky's The Limit.  This one is a sheer blue with lots of micro shimmer contained in it.  It is a jelly polish so if that isn't quite your thing, you can layer it over a blue base.
For these swatches I did three coats and as you can see it's still very sheer.  Personally I'm not a fan of having my free edge shining through so I will be using this one as a layering polish in the future.  What do you think about jelly/sheer polish?

 
 Third polish is by Rimmel London and is called Wedge Of Lime.  I love this name!  It's basically as it sounds, a lime green shade and it had really good coverage.

Now green is not a colour that I would pick out for myself but I was pleasantly surprised with this one.  It was a good application, dried to a pretty finish and most importantly was full coverage in two coats.  It's starting to feel a bit more spring-like with these shades.

Another purple for the collection!  (Yes they are all different and no I don't have one like this.)  Since starting my subscription to Nailbox, my Essie collection is slowing growing and I am falling in love with the brand.  I don't have a bad thing to say about Essie as their polishes have never done me wrong.




This is two coats of Essie Flowerista.  The shape of the brush is perfect for getting a nice rounded cuticle without clean up.  The colour was pretty solid in just one coat and I believe if carefully done you could certainly have a one coater here.  The first picture is a better representation of colour as this macro shot has got it leaning to a pinky-purple and its definitely a solid aubergine purple.

So there you have it, February's Nailbox.  If you want to check them out for yourself click HERE 

Thanks for reading,
Lyn

 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment