Sunday 20 December 2015

Meebox: First Impressions & Review

Hey all :)
It's been a little since I put up a blog and now I have this backlog of things I want to talk through and share with you all and don't seem to have the time to do it especially with it being Christmas soon.  Anyway, lets not get distracted with the list of things to be done and instead get on to the topic at hand; Meebox.  
Now you all know how much I love my nail subscription boxes and I had been thinking about trying this one out for a little while.  The one thing that was putting me off it was the price tag of £20 per month (inc P+P).  To help you compare this to other sub boxes Nailbox is £15 (inc P+P) and Coloristiq is £15 + £2.80 P+P.  Now you can argue with me that there isn't exactly a huge difference between them all price wise and I have to agree with you, but I still took some time before ordering.  I can say though that I am really impressed with my package and I do believe it to be worth that £20 price tag.  If you want to check them out you can find them here:
Meebox Website 

Just like other sub boxes, each month is based on a theme with this one being Ice Queen.  They also sent you a Christmas card.  Each box will always contain 3 polish and then some nail art items or nail treatments.  The art items this month is a pack of water decal snowflakes, a pot containing bar glitters and a cute pocket sized nail file that has a chain for you to attach it where you want it.  The nail art items have come from the website Sparkly Nails.  You also got 3 swatch sticks for trying out the polishes.

First polish is It's Raining Men by Color Club.  This is a tricky one to photograph as it's a deep blue/purple like a petrol effect.  It was opaque is just one coat but I applied two to hide the imperfections in my nails.
I think this bottle shot shows you the colour effect perfectly.  You can see depending how the light hits it the colour effect changes.  This polish really is stunning and a clear favorite for me!
 You can also see it has that amazing micro glitter shimmer in there too.  I can see me wearing this polish very soon, its just too amazing not to!
I took this shot with the light directly shining at it to show you what I mean by its chameleon properties.  It went this deep green-blue tone.  If you don't own this polish I highly recommend it for your collection!

Polish two is a brand I hadn't heard of; Crabtree & Evelyn in the colour Mica.  This is a pretty gunmetal silver.  Application was good but you do have to be careful of brushstrokes showing through.  I applied two coats to make it opaque.

It's a really nice shade that fits well into the ice queen theme for the month.  I don't have one like this in my collection as its on the darker side and most silvers tend to be lighter.


 I only used two coats of colour and no top coat for all the pictures.  What do you think of this shade and have you used this brand before?

Last polish of the box is actually one I have called Lotus Begin by China Glaze.  I was actually disappointed to see that the formula has been changed and it looks nothing like my original bottle!  The one shown here is three thin coats of the new bottle which shows it as a softer lilac shade.
Now here they are side by side.  The bottom pinky nail is the new bottle and the other shows you three coats of my older bottle.  Clearly different shades!  I do like both of the colours but it's a shame that the company didn't manage to keep the formula the same.

 
 This is the best picture for comparison. The newer formula also seems more creamy a finish.  The polish could do with being a little more pigmented so that you don't need to do three coats but it is still a lovely colour.

So what are my overall thoughts on my first Meebox?  At first I was put off by the £20 price tag but after seeing everything I got I am actually very happy with it and I feel it is worth the price.  When you consider that posting something like this will cost £2.80, you are paying £17.20 for the actual products which was 3 full size polish, 3 nail pops and 3 nail art items.  All in all a good deal in my opinion!
I look forward to seeing what next months box contains.  This is only the 5th box created by this company and I forsee them going for many years to come.  Have you tried out this subscription?  What are your thoughts?

I shall have the unboxing video up in the next few days so be sure to keep an eye out for that.  Until next time,
Lyn
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment