Monday 20 January 2014

Time for an update!

Hello readers,

So last week when I did my nails I made a start on my "How to: Celeb nail art".  I'm quite excited for this series!  I started out with a set worn by Rita Ora and this was probably my most bling design I've ever worn!





 The original picture I found of these I was struggling to come across again when it came time to do these (cos bright spark me didn't save the page like she thought she had!) and it had only 1 hand on show.  I had assumed the other hand was the same and would of done them like that had I not then found this!  So in a way I am glad I did lose the original picture since I found the nails in full as shown here!
I am going to upload this video tomorrow as I have it edited and ready to go!  I am going to also try and have a small haul vid up of a few things I have purchased recently. I am going to show off these 2 new polishes also:




I am so excited to find these in Sally's!  I have heard of this brand before but it seemed to be an American product so I was really surprised to see it.  It was a one off shipment I was told so I picked up a couple to try out!  They were from a cupcake style range and not only do they change colour but they are scented and omg the strawberry cheescake smells so yummy!  The other is chocolate mousse.

Working wise I did my cousin nails for a Wedding she was attending!



Sparkly purple glitter acrylics anyone?!  She's a bit of a nail biter so very short nails to work with especially on the ring finger!  It's really only my second time doing a nail biter so there is room for improvement but I was happy with the end result still.  It's one thing to learn HOW to deal with bitten nails, its another to ACTUALLY do them!

I had a mother and daughter duo come over for what was to be glitter gel toes only, turned into gel toes, paraffin wax and some fingernail art!







The art was just done on the thumb and ringfinger to keep it nice and simple :)  Sometimes simple is all you need!

Nail art related:  I have been working on my creative nail unit design at college and have decided on a masquerade theme!  This is the start of it:




I'm really proud of this so far!  The black nail is full acrylic with sculpted 3D flower and shapes and then I took a silver striper to highlight it as I felt there was something missing!  The other nail has embedded silver holographic glitter and then I sculpted the mask on it, added white detail and a feather finishing touch!  I need to come up with the other 3 nails now.  I think 1 shall be embedded lace, the others I'm not sure yet.

 
This is the nail art I had on last week.  Perhaps not the best picture to show it off but the gold and silver combo was really amazing together!

Lastly here is the vid I put up recently!

And since I am terrible at keeping up to date... here is the other one!



I hope you guys enjoy this post, thanks for reading!  Feel free to join me on any of my social media or become a subscriber on youtube!

www.facebook.com/lynsnailart
Instagram: lynsnailart
Twitter: @nailsbylyn
Youtube: Nalanails

0 comments:

Post a Comment